The Lake County Tax Collector's Office uses Lien Express to sell county held tax certificates. Registered users can use this site to purchase county held certificates. Payment is made via ACH debit, an electronic funds transfer from your bank account to the Tax Collector after authorization is received, and is initiated through Lien Express.
What are Tax Certificates?
A tax certificate is a statutory and superior lien that is a legal document, representing unpaid delinquent real property taxes, non-ad valorem assessments, interest, related costs and charges against a specific parcel of real property. Tax certificates do not convey property rights or ownership of the property.
If a buyer does not have access to the internet, a computer terminal will be made available by appointment with the Lake County Tax Collector's Office. To schedule an appointment, please call (352) 343-9602.
- Register with LienExpress by submitting contact information and creating a user id and password.
- Fill out an IRS Form W9 or W8.
- Obtain a Lake County buyer number, or look up an existing number.
- Review available county held Tax Certificates, and add them to the LienExpress "shopping cart."
- "Check Out" and submit electronic payment for the certificate purchases.
For more information on real estate taxes, see the Lake County Tax Collector's web site.
For more information regarding delinquent taxes and tax certificates please refer to FAQs and/or Florida Statutes.